Tuesday, December 13, 2011

BurdaStyle Book Launch Party!

Last night was the San Francisco launch party for the BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook!
I sewed a pouch at the make and take booth, played ModCloth bingo, ate yummy grilled cheese, and met a few people from the world of sewing including Amy from Sew Well. When Carol, the marketing director for BurdaStyle, introduced herself I pointed out my dress that was on display and she took me over to meet Nora Abousteit who is the founder of BurdaStyle and author of the book! I ended up with a signed copy of the book plus some other swag. Pretty neat!

I definitely had a fun night!



PS: More on my lace dress later!

3 comments:

  1. I love that lace dress! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful meeting you last night. Your lace dress was utterly fabulous. I think I would find every excuse to wear it if it were mine! I'm glad you had a great time, and I wish I'd also had the foresight to have the book signed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nattie, i got the book for christmas! so excited to browse it :)

    ReplyDelete