Monday, May 13, 2013

Watercolor Elisalex Dress

This post is rather overdue! I made this dress long ago and absolutely love wearing it, both during the day while running errands as well as out for date night with a pair of heels. The shape of the bodice is gorgeous the way it sweeps out over the shoulders and dips down in the back! However, as much as I enjoy wearing it, the light colored fabric hasn't enjoyed my attempts at photography until now.

My By Hand London Elisalex Dress has the original bodice from the pattern and a simple gathered skirt since my fabric was too flimsy for the tulip shape. To make the skirt a bit more interesting, I added pleats just above the hem.

Is anyone else excited to get their paws on the new Victoria Blazer Pattern from By Hand London? I'm super into the idea of a sleeveless version and especially love the one they sewed up in plaid!





9 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! The neckline is really awesome. Can you wear a regular bra with it, with strap carriers? I really like that you varied the skirt, because while the original is quite fun (with the right fabric), it's not... shall we say, "universally flattering". You're a smart lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty version of this dress! It looks super chic and relaxed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How flippin' cute is this!!!?? Well done. This makes me super excited for spring dressmaking.

    Cat
    catgotdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bodice is perfectly feminine, but your skirt variation certainly makes for a more wearable piece! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. I've just seen a sleeveless version of the Essalex dress and am impressed by both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love this on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely dress. I really like those pleats you added above the hem. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, I love the pleats - they really make it special! I love this pattern too - I already have 2 and am plotting my third.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Looks very nice on you, too!

    ReplyDelete